Preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification Exam
- 4 Saturday Review Course (Instructor Led)
- Course based on Fifth Edition PMBOK® - Participants are encouraged to review this edition prior to the first session
NOTE: the PMP Exam changed over to the Fifth Edition PMBOK® effective July 31, 2013
|PMI Member||Prep Course||$750||$650||$650||$300|
|PMI Member||Q&A Only||$150||$100||$100||$75|
|Non-PMI Member||Prep Course||$900||$800||$800||$300|
|Non-PMI Member||Q&A Only||$200||$150||$150||$75|
The review seminar's objective is to assist the candidate in preparing for the certification exam. The review is not designed to teach applied project management. The exam covers the knowledge areas defined in the PMI® Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®), Fifth Edition available online as a membership benefit. PMI® members can download the PMBOK® Guide free; nonmembers may purchase the PMBOK® at the PMI® Bookstore.
This low cost seminar, when compared to most other commercially offered review courses, is a major benefit to our members and other practitioners of project management. The seminar is structured to provide the participant with an evenly paced review presentation of materials over a four-week period rather than concentrated in 4 consecutive days. The candidate will be provided with a suggested study program that aligns with the paced material presentation. By intently following the program, participants will complete the study time to achieve the confidence necessary for taking the exam.
This review seminar also provides 35 Contact Hours of Project Management Education eligibility criteria for taking the PMP® Certification Examination.
The seminar is configured as a series of review sessions for the PMI® exam and it is not an introductory course in project management nor can this seminar be applied toward earning PDUs for certified Project Management Professionals. Prior to attending this seminar, candidates should have the experience in project management necessary for their qualification to take the PMP® Certification Examination.
NOTE: although this seminar is designed to prepare an individual to take the PMP® Certification Examination, neither PMI® nor the PMI® Tampa Bay Chapter, Inc. guarantees or implies that completion of this seminar will ensure that a participant will pass the PMP® Certification Examination
Will be provided to students at the 1st Saturday review class.
PMP® Exam Success Series: Certification Study System (Fifth Edition PMBOK® Guide) -
- Bootcamp manual with over 80 pages of new content, an 800+ question web-based exam simulation application, Excel workbook to document experience hours for the PMP application, sample PMP application in PDF, and printable PDF of various book exercises for reuse
- Discovering the PMBOK® Guide Audio Download (also available in MP3 format)
- Terminology Audio Download (also available in MP3 format)
- Mindmaps, Processes and Swimlanes placemats (11" X 17" double-sided and laminated)
- PMP Exam Review Web-based Flashcard application
- PMP Flipnotes
- Two Quick Reference Guide documents for Fifth Edition PMBOK® Guide
- One Acronym Quick Reference Guide document for Fifth Edition PMBOK® Guide
- A durable Carry Case.
Participants may purchase optional reading materials that are not in the seminar fee. Please allow for delivery time when ordering. Participants are to read the PMI® A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK® Guide, Fifth Ed. before attending the seminar. PMI® members receive a free copy as the initial membership package. The PMBOK® can be ordered through the PMI® online bookstore. As a membership privilege PMI® members may download The PMBOK® Guide free from the PMBOK Guide & Standards section after logging in to PMI.org.